The preschool storytime at the library goes through a letter of the alphabet each week starting in September. The storytime always begins with a welcome song and singing the ABCs (signing the letters too). All the books go with the theme for the week. There are random songs in between the books (occasionally there will be a related song), and it ends with a craft.
- Paper plate
- Yellow, orange, and brown construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Cut two slits on opposite sides of the plate where the “grooves” end. (Don’t know if that made sense. This part was prepared for the kids already.)
- Fold in the two sides and staple in the middle.
- Color the owl.
- Glue on the ears, eyes, beak, and talons. (The cut outs were all prepared for the kids too.)
- Give your owl a name and make up a story about him/her. Our owls are named Who-bert and Owliver (like in the story).